2021 Buick Encore GX Towing Capacity
How much can you tow with a Buick Encore? That depends on the model you choose: while the Encore isn’t rated for towing, the Buick Encore GX towing capacity reaches 1,000 pounds with the proper equipment. 2019 saw the debut of the Encore GX, an SUV with impressive engineering and ample towing features. Explore this Buick Encore towing capacity specs below, and then browse new Encore GX models for sale on our lot in Metairie!
Buick Encore GX: Towing Capacity & Features
Can you tow with a Buick Encore standard model, or is it necessary to opt for the GX? As you read above, the standard Buick Encore isn’t rated for towing so towing shouldn’t be attempted with this SUV. However, the new Encore GX comes with enhanced capabilities compared to the standard Encore, including towing capability. Equipped with towing equipment and advanced safety features to monitor trailer traction and balance, the Buick Encore GX towing capacity reaches 1,000 pounds for your tough tasks in New Orleans:
- Trailer Hitch – Equipped with the optional trailer hitch, the Encore GX can achieve the max 1,000-pound towing capacity.
- Electric Harness – Connect the lights on your trailer to the lights on your Encore with this feature.
- Stabilitrak – This performance technology offers enhanced traction, stability, and control when driving conditions are a challenge.
- Safety – Opt for available technologies like Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and a Rear Vision Camera to enhance your awareness of traffic and surroundings while trailering.
Buick Encore GX: Engine Specs
How much can you tow with a Buick Encore GX? Behind the scenes, an available 1.4L DOHC turbocharged engine provides robust capability and power — whether you’re towing gear to your favorite Kenner camping spot or merging on the freeway. See the specs below:
- Base 137-hp 1.2L turbo 4-cylinder engine (FWD only)
- Available 155-hp 1.3L turbo 4-cylinder engine with 177 pound-feet of torque
- Standard FWD / available intelligent AWD
- Continuously variable automatic transmission (FWD only)
- Nine-speed automatic transmission (AWD only)
Experience the Buick Encore Towing Capacity in Metairie
Ready to see what the Encore GX can do for you in Laplace? We’re happy to help you choose the perfect Encore configuration at a price that fits your budget! Check out our current special offers, or stop by to visit our model showroom just a short drive from Slidell and Marrero.
Learn More at Crown Buick GMC
The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 is one of the most capable and highly demanded trucks on the roads of Kenner. With the latest performance and interior features, you’ll have a truck that can handle anything you throw at it. On both suburban roads and industrial worksites, you’ll have a vehicle that’ll keep up with you….
One of the most capable trucks on the roads of Kenner today is the GMC Sierra 1500. This truck can stand toe to toe with many of the highly-rated trucks, and for some, it can give you more performance and features. At Crown Buick GMC, this truck is immensely popular with our customers because of the GMC…
When New Orleans drivers think of SUVs, they think of capability, spaciousness, and great features that make drives to Kenner a breeze. And that’s why they should think of the 2021 GTC Terrain! Drivers who equate GMC with luxury and great features won’t be surprised to find sophisticated yet capable features in the GMC Terrain…