2021 Buick Encore GX Towing Capacity
How much can you tow with a Buick Encore? That depends on the model you choose: while the Encore isn’t rated for towing, the Buick Encore GX towing capacity reaches 1,000 pounds with the proper equipment. 2019 saw the debut of the Encore GX, an SUV with impressive engineering and ample towing features. Explore this Buick Encore towing capacity specs below, and then browse new Encore GX models for sale on our lot in Metairie!
Buick Encore GX: Towing Capacity & Features
Can you tow with a Buick Encore standard model, or is it necessary to opt for the GX? As you read above, the standard Buick Encore isn’t rated for towing so towing shouldn’t be attempted with this SUV. However, the new Encore GX comes with enhanced capabilities compared to the standard Encore, including towing capability. Equipped with towing equipment and advanced safety features to monitor trailer traction and balance, the Buick Encore GX towing capacity reaches 1,000 pounds for your tough tasks in New Orleans:
- Trailer Hitch – Equipped with the optional trailer hitch, the Encore GX can achieve the max 1,000-pound towing capacity.
- Electric Harness – Connect the lights on your trailer to the lights on your Encore with this feature.
- Stabilitrak – This performance technology offers enhanced traction, stability, and control when driving conditions are a challenge.
- Safety – Opt for available technologies like Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and a Rear Vision Camera to enhance your awareness of traffic and surroundings while trailering.
Buick Encore GX: Engine Specs
How much can you tow with a Buick Encore GX? Behind the scenes, an available 1.4L DOHC turbocharged engine provides robust capability and power — whether you’re towing gear to your favorite Kenner camping spot or merging on the freeway. See the specs below:
- Base 137-hp 1.2L turbo 4-cylinder engine (FWD only)
- Available 155-hp 1.3L turbo 4-cylinder engine with 177 pound-feet of torque
- Standard FWD / available intelligent AWD
- Continuously variable automatic transmission (FWD only)
- Nine-speed automatic transmission (AWD only)
Experience the Buick Encore Towing Capacity in Metairie
Ready to see what the Encore GX can do for you in Laplace? We’re happy to help you choose the perfect Encore configuration at a price that fits your budget! Check out our current special offers, or stop by to visit our model showroom just a short drive from Slidell and Marrero.
Learn More at Crown Buick GMC
Wondering what the 2021 Buick Encore colors are? You have a huge assortment of options when looking to pick out the perfect shade of Buick SUV for your unique personality! Read about all your choices for the 2021 Buick Encore interior colors and exterior colors now with Crown Buick GMC below. The new Buick Encore exterior colors…
Spacious and refined, the 2021 Buick Envision interior offers a quiet escape from your busy days in New Orleans. At the same time, dozens of innovative technology features keep you connected and comfortable while on-the-go. If that’s what you’re looking for in a crossover, then a new Buick Envision deserves a spot at the very…
How much can you tow with a Buick Encore? That depends on the model you choose: while the Encore isn’t rated for towing, the Buick Encore GX towing capacity reaches 1,000 pounds with the proper equipment. 2019 saw the debut of the Encore GX, an SUV with impressive engineering and ample towing features. Explore this…